2016 Humanitarian Haunt
It’s that time of year again! Kids Village is holding our annual Humanitarian Haunt on October 27-28 as an open house from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There will be games, t-shirts, boxed lunches, popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones. There will also be a bake sale with delicious treats and goodies!
What We’ve Been Up To
- 4 Things you might have missed during your Kids Village TourAt Kids Village, we invite prospective families to come to our school for a tour at any time (you don’t even have to give us notice if you come during school hours). We think it’s important for parents and children to see classrooms and workshops in action as part of their exploration of our school.…
- Teaching Children Self-WorthOne of the most important foundations for your child’s happiness and success is self-worth. This means not only teaching them self-confidence (trusting their own abilities, qualities, and judgments), it also means they have faith in themselves, pride, and self-respect.
- Kids Village Ski School at SundanceKids Village offers a 5-week ski school program through Sundance. This program includes 2 1/2 hour semi-private classes where children 4-8 can learn to ski.
- Teaching Children GratitudeGratitude is about more than an automatic “please” and “thank you” response when someone does something kind for you. Teaching children gratitude is about helping them learn to understand that in order to receive, someone else must give. It means when someone is does something for someone there is thought, effort, and sacrifice that goes…
- Teaching children patriotism – How to teach patriotism at homeIt's our duty as adults to teach our children how to be responsible and involved members of society. How can you begin teaching children patriotism at home? Here are some ideas.
- Thank you for coming to the Humanitarian Haunt!To all the friends, families, students, and teachers who joined us at the Kids Village Humanitarian Haunt on October 27-28, 2016, THANK YOU! You helped us to raise almost $13,000 for Friday’s Kids Respite! Our dedicated teachers and staff put endless days and many, many hours putting together this fun and festive haunt. Every year,…
- Humanitarian Haunt 2016We are only a couple weeks away from our annual Kids Village Humanitarian Haunt. Click to read more about this amazing (and fun) service event.
- Teaching Children Teamwork and Collaboration: Values of the MonthWhile teamwork and cooperation may sometimes be difficult to put words to, they are also two of the most natural values for our children to learn as long as we expose them to activities in which they can practice these important skills.
- Monthly Value: Teaching your child to be a good friendWhile some children may have a natural aptitude for friendship and social confidence, every child can benefit from learning how to be a better friend.
- Monthly Value: Teaching Your Child Self-ControlTeaching your child self-control can be a difficult challenge, but studies show that it's one of the most important skills a child can learn.
What Others Are Saying About Us
About Kids Village
We feel that education affects the mind, heart, and attitude of a child. In fact, education influences the very person he or she will become. That’s why we’ve created an environment where your child can grow and thrive, one where his or her unique talents are valued and developed, one where curiosity, exploration, and positive reinforcement are the norm. Serving Orem, Lindon, Provo, Pleasant Grove and Utah County.