Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited to all we know and understand while imagination embraces the entire world and all there will ever be to know and understand.Albert Einstein
What We’ve Been Up To
- Teaching Children Hard Work and DeterminationHard work and determination have a lifelong impact on children's capabilities, confidence, and happiness. Here are 8 ways to reinforce hard work and determination at home.
- Spring Science and Answering Your Child’s “Whys”Springtime means it’s the perfect time to get outside and explore. We love when our students come to us with questions about what they’ve observed. Sometimes all the “whys” can seem overwhelming—especially when you’re a parent trying to do a million things at once—but remember that the way you answer your child’s questions will help fuel their…
- 5 (More) Ways Kids Village Workshops Benefit StudentsKids Village programs are set up a little differently from traditional preschool programs. Instead of a single classroom where students are led through a daily schedule of reading, writing, math, and play time, Kids Village students take part in the full village environment. While each class has a home base in an academic classroom, they…
- Teaching Children Honesty: Our 4 Favorite ArticlesThis March, our monthly Kids Village values were honesty and loyalty. Honesty is a value that can be difficult to teach younger children since they’re still learning the difference between truth, stories, and lies. However, with the right conversations, reactions, and family dynamics, your child can begin developing a strong sense of integrity and conscience.…
- Why is Coloring Important for PreschoolersSo your child came home from school with yet another picture she drew of you and her holding hands. While the scribbles are cute, have you ever found yourself wondering if they’re really an important part of school? Are they actually supporting the academic atmosphere? The answer is YES, coloring is important in early childhood education…
- How Does Kids Village Preschool Handle Food Allergies?FAQ – How Does Kids Village Preschool Manage Food Allergies? We recently received the following question from one the parent of a prospective student: Q: My child has a food allergy. Do you guys have protocols for keeping her from being exposed to foods she’s allergic to? Answer: Kid Village Preschool is very sensitive about food…
- How Kids Village Preschool’s Design Contributes to Learning & SuccessThe enchanting storybook atmosphere of Kids Village is deliberately designed to encourage an exceptional learning experience for our students. The goal of the beautiful storybook storefronts, cobblestone streets, life-sized oak tree, and seasonal decorations are threefold:
- How to Encourage Reading at HomeAt Kids Village, teaching our students to read (and read well) is one of our most important goals. The curriculum we use to support our reading program has been among the top 3 reading curriculum in the nation for the past 30 years. The result is students that are consistently reading grade levels above their…
- 6 Children’s Books About LoveWe know Valentine’s Day often gets a bad rap for being over-commercialized, but we love any extra opportunity to show some love. This year, we wanted to show that love to our students and families by sharing 6 of our favorite (non-valentinesy) kids books about love. #1 I Love You So by Marianne Richmond This…
- Teaching Children Self-WorthOne of the most important foundations for your child’s happiness and success is self-worth. This means not only teaching them self-confidence (trusting their own abilities, qualities, and judgments), it also means they have faith in themselves, pride, and self-respect.
What Others Are Saying About Us
About Kids Village
The doors to Kids Village opened in 2003 to reveal a breathtaking storybook village with bright classrooms and creative workshops. Each beautiful room with its dazzling storefront is thoughtfully designed to stimulate all five senses in a warm, creative, and accepting educational atmosphere. Within its rooms are experienced and accomplished teachers that utilize the outstanding Saxon Early Learning curriculum combined with our proprietary experiential academic approach. This creates an environment of hands-on learning that allows each child to discover his or her individual talents and abilities while developing self-confidence and a genuine passion for learning.
Kids Village was created with the vision of providing an educational environment where “learning, love, and magic meet.” With the help of Kids Village Director, Kathleen Jensen, who brings with her over 30 years of educating Utah children, Kids Village has become not only a magical place to learn, but also a powerhouse in academic success.
Schedule A Tour
Feel free to drop by during school hours or schedule an appointment by clicking the button below!
Please note, Kids Village will be CLOSED for Spring Break April 2-6 and will not be hosting tours.